Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

Day #30


Hi everyone,
                 
Today we watched  Dawn Parade on YouTube [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcUe7pTJVvk&feature=youtu.be ] and cut some paper poppies to make a special sign. We are going to hang the special sign on our letter box to remember ANZAC soldiers who died at Gallipoli. We are also remembering others who have served during the war.


My great grand uncle on my Dad's side was a soldier during World War 2. He left for duty and never came back. His family was very sad. My great grand uncles from my Mum's side were taken away by soldiers one night and never came back. Grandma says most likely shot by soldiers.

I would like to pray to Jesus to look after them in haven.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,
    I'm so sorry to hear that you lost family in the war. What a cool picture though, to remember them by. They would be very proud.
    Mrs Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark,
      That is some sad news I hope you keep putting more great things on your blog see you back at school and on google meetings.
      From Hine

      Delete
  2. Hi Mark,
    ANZAC Day is such a special day for remembering people who were in wars. Your poppies look great on the letterbox. In Reading this week you will be reading lots of ANZAC stories.
    Mrs Roach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs Roach,

    Thank you. I like reading.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post