Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Day #21

Hi everyone,                                                                                                                                           

I broke my hand on 5 March 2020. It has been 42 days. I have been in the hard cast for 39 days and the soft cast for 13 days.

Tomorrow I can remove my soft cast but the doctor says I cannot ride my bicycle or play ball for another 6 weeks.

My left hand feels funny when it was in the hard cast. I could't  move it at all. When it was in the soft cast, I could do many things but not properly. My hand felt weak.

Dad says I must start using my left hand like hold the fork when I eat and play the piano with both hands so my left hand will get stronger.
In the hard cast and sling. Leaving the hospital on 6 March 2020 

In the hard cast with dinosaurs. 11 March 2020. 
In the soft cast leaving the hospital. 2 April 2020

Playing the piano with my left hand. Today



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,
    That is great news that your cast is coming off tomorrow. You have coped so well with a broken arm. Good luck for your appointment.
    Mrs Roach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Roach,

    Mum can open the cast at home. The doctor showed her how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark,

    It was nice to read about your arm and the cast. I bet it felt funny at first when the cast came off. How did it feel to play the piano with you left hand?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post