Pages

Monday, January 17, 2022

Minecraft Extinction Biodiversiy SLJ 2021-2022 Activity #18

 Kia ora

1. How I feel about the Extinction Safari

I feel sad because some animals are gone forever


2. What was the cause for extinction?

Extinction was usually caused by people hunting for food and for fun.


3. What have I learnt from past extinction?

I have learnt that extinction was often caused by people.


4. How will extinction of species affect me in NZ?

I will only learn about these animals in books never see them in real life.  

I think the Stella's sea cow was my best picture because i stepped back and got the whole animal in my picture with the ice. 





 








3 comments:

  1. Mōrena Mark!


    Chris here again, from the Summer Learning Journey! Hope you’re having a nice day, despite having to think about the nature of extinction!

    I hope you enjoyed the activity, even though it was dealing with a serious topic? You’re right, extinction in the modern sense occurs due to human activity 100% of the time. Extinction prior to human interference was usually the result of evolution moving into new species’. Now, in addition to hunting and consumption (eating) extinction happens due to the environmental impact human industry has on animals- mainly destroying their homes. I’m sad about never seeing a lot of these animals as well!

    Is the Stella’s Sea Cow your favourite extinct animal?

    Can’t wait to see what you post in these last few days of the Summer Learning Journey!


    Ngā mihi!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,

      Thank you for your comments. The thylacine is cool too.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Mark, you're welcome. And yea they were, scavengers always had interesting lives!

    Ka kite,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post