Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Tuarangawaewae PBL

Kia Ora, 

On 20.5.2021, Thursday, for our Tuarangawaewae my hub went to visit Margaret Mahy playground, fed the eels, visited the mats, paddled the waka and also visited Victoria Square.

At Margaret Mahy playground, we did a scavenger hunt where we looked for the migrating tuna, Mokihi, East Polynesian origins, waves of migration, navigation and early settlers sailing ship. I also got on the flying fox.

Then we fed the eels and paddled the waka at the Avon River.

At Victoria Square we found out what was written on the plaques, drew the poles and looked at the mats on the floor.

I had a great time and learned lots.


  








2 comments:

  1. Mark
    i love your explanation on are trip to margaret mahy but you could explain the meanings behind the tuna heke the eels and the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Rodes

      Thank you for your comment. Early Maories caught and traded eels which they called tuna heke along the Avon River. I hope this answers your question.

      Mark

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post